Best Outdoorsy Dad Father’s Day Gifts (2021 New Value Guide)
Father’s Day With An Outdoorsy Dad
Finding the perfect outdoorsy dad Father’s Day gifts in 2022 can be daunting. With the amount of gear available what do you buy that is super unique but practical?
Don’t stress, I’ve got you covered. I searched high and low to find 15 perfect gifts. Rest assured that any of these gifts will put a smile on your dads face and be something that will get plenty of use.
To jump to a specific gift use the navigable table of contents.
We updated this gift guide in January 2022 to ensure that the gifts meets your dads wants. Every item was re-reviewed, and new products were added. Read on to discover the best outdoorsy dad gifts for Father’s Day this year.
Outdoors Informed is reader supported. We independently research and rate every product. When you buy through a link on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. However, our opinions and evaluations are our own. Outdoors Informed does not accept free products from manufacturers. Learn more.
The Ultimate Fishing Tackle Bag
Know an angler who complains about lugging around a cumbersome tackle box? Gift him with the best fishing tackle backpack.
This is the must-have tackle storage solution. Providing either 11 or 18 compartments, he will have enough room to never have to rotate his tackle again. The bag is water-resistant and has SBS zippers which work through the toughest uses. He will appreciate the padded back and comfortable straps with a Kam buckle around the waist. On his back it’s secure and carries anything he will ever need for a day of fishing.
As an added bonus it comes with a protective rain cover & hard molded sunglasses case. Finally, for peace of mind he gets a one-year warranty.
- Large Capacity Tackle Backpack, Available in 3 colors & Fits 4 Tackle Trays
- Divided Into 11 Main Sections With SBS Zipper Closures, These Sections Can Further Separate Into 18 Smaller Storage Areas
- Made Of 1200D High Density Nylon, With Mesh Rear, Rubber Feet on Bottom & Ergonomic Padded Back Design
- Comes With Protective Rain cover, Hard Molded Sunglasses Case, KAM buckle, & Retractable Bottle Pocket
Blue Tooth Stereo Cooler
Does your dad love to spend time out in the sun with some good music? What about enjoying some cold brews at the same time? If the answer is yes, then pick up this awesome blue tooth stereo cooler!
This soft-sided cooler is super mobile and can even fold down to fit into a suitcase. It’s lightweight (weighs less than 3 lbs) so it is easy to carry for hiking, camping, boating or hitting the beach. Plus, it manages to hold a 12 pack (cans or bottles) of soda or beer with room to spare for ice.
As for the speakers it comes with a 15 watt (with subwoofer) system that is removable and water resistant. Other features include: built-in plugs for USB, a microphone, aux plug and a built-in power bank compatible with both Apple and Android phones.
- Lightweight, Water-Resistant Removable Speakers
- Rechargeable Battery + Built in Power Bank Charges Your iPhone / Android / Tablet
- Bluetooth speaker cooler w/ 20-watt speakers and micro USB cable
- 100% money back guarantee
Top-Rated Family Camping Tent
Does your outdoorsy dad love camping? A perfect gift for a camping family is the best tent, the Coleman Sundome model.
The whole gang can get a comfortable nights sleep in the Coleman 9′ x 7′ Sundome Tent. Its 4 feet (1.22 m) by 11 inches (28 cm) high at the center. At this height and space it sleeps four people with plenty of room to move around.
This tent is waterproof and storm resistant, thanks to the WeatherTec system. Using a durable tub floor and thick fabric with welded corners and inverted seams. It’s super easy to set up and take down. As well, it has interior storage and even an e-port to bring power inside the tent. Your dad and his other campers will stay dry and comfortable through any type of weather.
- 4-Person Water & Storm Proof (Withstand 35+ MPH Winds) Tent
- Durable Tube Floor With Welded Corners, Leak-Free Rain Fly & Polyguard 2X Double-Thick Fabric
- 11 mm Shock-Corded Fiberglass Poles Are Easy To Set Up - Less Than 10 Minutes
- Fits a Queen Sleep Pad, Plus Has Storage Pockets & E-Port To Bring Power Inside
Tozo Waterproof Wireless Ear Buds
This is another gift idea for an outdoorsy dad who loves having his tunes with him on his adventures. The TOZO T10 wireless earbuds are one of the few IPX8 rated ear bud sets available at a reasonable price. This means they can immerse in water up to 1 meters deep for 30 minutes. No more worrying about a little rain while outside right?!
For the cost of these ear buds your dad will love the sound quality. Often with inexpensive air buds people do not expect anything spectacular. But these definitely have great bass with well-defined mids and highs too. Another convenience is how easy they are to get paired to a phone.
Finally, your dad can charge these “on-the-go” as they come with a compact charging case. To be frank, getting this much tech with so little cost is amazing.
- Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds With Hi-Fi Stereo Sound Quality & Powerful Bass
- One-Step Blutooth Pairing With Your Mobile Phone
- IPX8 Waterproof: Earbuds & Charging Case Are Waterproof For 1 Meters Underwater For 30 Minutes
- Over 3.5 Hours Of Playtime On A Single Charge & 9 Extra Hours In The Compact Charging Case
Yeti Colster 16 oz Beer Can Insulator
Yeti Colster can insulators are perfect for keeping your fathers favorite beer cold. Any dad is sure to enjoy a sip by the fire more if his beer stays cold.
The 16 oz. size is great for camping trips, game Day, backyard BBQ’s and more. The double-wall vacuum insulation and steel construction keeps beer crisp in any climate. This particular model also has Dura coat to prevent chipping or cracks.
For Father’s Day gift your dad a dishwasher safe, Yeti Colster to keep all his favorite tall craft beer cans cold.
- Beer Can Insulator The Fits 16 oz. Cans, Longnecks & Tall Boys
- Load-and-Lock Gasket Only Needs A Quarter-Turn To Seal
- Dishwasher Safe, Thick Gauge Steel & Double Walled Vacuum Insulated To Keep Beer Crisp & Cold
- Exterior Uses Duracoat (9 Colors) To Prevent Chipping Or Cracking; Unit Measures 3 by 9 Inches
K2 Inflatable Kayak With Aluminum Oars
What better way to celebrate Father’s Day than to get a gift that you can also spend time with him in. Especially if he enjoys getting out on the lake or gentle rivers.
If this sounds like your father then pick the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak. It’s a 2-person inflatable kayak with aluminum oars and comes with a high output air pump. It is a fun gift that is also convenient, because it collapses down small enough to fit in the trunk of a small car.
For ease of use it has inflatable and adjustable/removable seats as well as grab handles at both ends.
Don’t worry about stability with this kayak as it has a removable skeg underneath. Also, it is wide enough to re-enter into if he decides to cool off in the water without flipping over.
The best feature of this kayak though is the price, you won’t find the better inflatable kayak for less.
- Inflated size 10 feet 3 X 3 feet X 1 feet 8 Inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds (0.18 Ton)
- With aluminum oars and high output air pump
- Removable skeg for directional stability
- Made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
Blackstone Portable Griddle
Raise your dads grilling game with this portable propane griddle. Now he can be the ultimate camp chef as a griddle will cook the entire dinner for your family. Its great for everything from burgers, coffee to morning pancakes.
This tabletop griddle from Blackstone has a rear grease trap to make cleaning easy. It’s powered with propane and is a respectable 24,000 BTUs. Thus, it can handle whatever dad want to fry on it.
At 32 pounds (14.51 kg), dad won’t worry about back issues and being steel it will last many uses outdoors.
- 24,000 BTU Propane Tabletop Griddle
- Has A Rear Grease Trap For Fast & Easy Clean Up
- Perfect For The Outdoor Chef Cooking Burgers, Pancakes, Stir Fry, Sautéing Veggies & More
- The Lightweight Griddle Uses H-Shape Burners To Provide Even Heat Distribution
Leatherman Multi Tool
Often when out on an adventure it’s hard to expect what kind of problem may happen. To solve problems that may arise, prepared outdoorsy dads use their trusty multi tool. For your problem solver of a dad, pick the Leatherman Wingman multi tool.
This is the go-to tool for projects around the house, on the boat, or at the campsite. It’s lightweight, pocket-sized and made of stainless steel. The tool features an outside-accessible, one-hand opening blade. As well as a newly designed spring-action jaw. It also comes with 14 tools such as: scissors, screw drivers, can opener, pliers, wire stripper/cutter etc.
For outdoor use, two other awesome tools included are the file and the ruler. The file is great for sharpening items on-the-trail, like crampons or a hatchet. While the ruler is useful for measuring distances on maps.
Darn Tough Hiking Boot Socks
Gift your hardcore hiker of dad with the best hiking boot sock from Darn Tough. These socks will stay up during the most grueling of hikes or treks. He can also say goodbye to sweaty, stinky socks because of the merino they’re made of.
This all weather material is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Next it has a mid-level cushion density under the foot for all day comfort.
Made in the USA these Darn Tough socks are warm and an ultra-comfortable choice in any condition.
- Thermoregulating All Weather Performance Fit Cushioned Merino Wool Socks
- Moisture-Wicking With Ribbed Support; Sits Mid-Calf For Added Protection & Warmth
- 64% Merino Wool, 33% Nylon, 3% Lycra Spandex
- Made In The USA, Odor Resistant & Guaranteed For Life
Garmin Waterproof Hiking GPS
If your father loves venturing off the beaten path, far from madding crowds, it is crucial he is safe doing so. Show how you care for him by giving him this small, easy to use GPS from Garmin.
While it may not seem flashy, the Garmin Foretrex 401 is simple and dependable. It has everything your dad will need on one screen. Including a map grid, user bearing, speed of travel, sunset/dawn time and altitude.
It is a handy device for plotting his base camp or for tracking his route. Military members rely on Garmin GPS and your dad can too!
- Waterproof Hiking GPS Featuring High-Sensitivity Receiver With Hotfix
- Keep Track OF Your Bearings & Altitude With Foretrex 401's Electronic Compass And Barometric Altimeter
- Display Resolution Of 100 x 64 Pixels; Battery Life Up To 17 Hours In GPS Mode; Track Log And Save Waypoints
- Also Includes Trip Computer, Sunrise/Sunset Times, Hunting/Fishing Info With Simple Connection to Your Computer Via Garmin Connect
Osprey Packs Hiking Carrier
Are you celebrating Father’s Day for the first time or have a new bundle of joy? Does the dad in your life love day hiking and wants to share the experience with their kids? What if the kids are very young or even a baby?
Then the choice is obvious, pick the gift of taking the kids with you. With the Osprey Poco AG child carrier your outdoorsy dad will make new lifelong memories. This versatile pack comes with all the storage needed to make for a great day trekking. Including space for all the essentials like diapers, bottles/food, clothes, etc.
Plus it comes with foot stirrups, an attached sunshade, and hydration reservoir too. The pack is comfortable for the adult but even more important, it’s comfortable for the child too. Another feature dads will like is that there are toy hooks on both sides of the child cockpit. Plus it has a drool pad to reduce your dad from feeling a sticky neck while on an epic adventure.
- Deluxe Child Cockpit With Adjustable Halo child Seat For A Fully-Framed, Padded Ride
- Adjustable stirrups Offer Deluxe Padding & Leg Support Prevent Circulation Deprivation
- Built-In Sunshade Deploys Fast And Easy From A Dedicated Zippered Pocket
- Padded, Adjustable Shoulder Straps With Sliding Sternum Strap Delivers Ergonomic Load Management
Wise Owl Camping Hammock
What if your dad an avid camper, backpacker, but also loves relaxing outdoors? Most dads enjoy settling down for an occasional afternoon nap.
If this sounds like your dad then look no further, give him the gift of comfort with the USA made Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock. This is a lightweight, easy-to-pack hammock that folds and stores in an attached stuff sack. So it’s simple to set up and also pack up when he wants to trek on.
Dad will love how comfortable the parachute material feels as well as how fast he can set it up. He can set it up virtually anywhere as the hammock comes with two 9 foot tree straps and two carabiners. I recommend getting the double version so the kids or wife can jump in and relax with dad on his next trip outdoors.
- Constructed Of 210T Parachute Nylon With Triple Interlocking Stitching With Attached Carry Bag
- 10ft Long x 6.5ft Wide, Weighing 28.5 Ounces
- Made In The USA
- Comes With 2 - 9ft Tree Straps (5 Loops On Each) & Two D-Shaped Steel Carabiners
TrailBuddy Hiking Poles
Does your outdoorsy dad enjoy hiking through rainy, muddy, or snow terrains? Are his knees or back starting to ache? He doesn’t have to stop his beloved adventures, he may only need a bit of assistance.
Save your outdoorsy dad’s knees and back with a pair of new trekking poles from TrailBuddy. These lightweight and collapsible trekking poles are sturdy and tough. With these he will have no problem crossing creeks, trekking over wobbly ground, or hiking steep terrain.
Your dad will like how comfortable the handles are, while also appreciating the added features. Like how the poles come with a variety of basket tips, so he is steady on whatever terrain he comes across.
What matters most is how strong they are, these poles will keep him balanced and stable anywhere he goes.
- Hiking Trekking Poles Constructed of Aluminum 7075 Weighing Up To 4 Ounces Less Than Competitors
- Handles Made Of Moisture-Wicking Cork That molds To The Shape Of Your Hands
- To Avoid Chafing Your Skin Each Pole Provides Padded Straps
- Includes A Carrying Bag, 2 Rubber Tips, 1 Pair Of Connectors, Mud Baskets & Snow Baskets
Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board With Accessories
How about a gift for your active dad? Or maybe looking for a gift for a dad who enjoys a day on the water but doesn’t have a boat? Does he like kayaking but wants to try something new? Then choose this outdoorsy day Father’s Day gift.
Help your dad stay strong while having a blast with the Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Set. Being inflatable means he can pack it up and take it out even if he has a compact car.
For an inflatable SUP board this model is very stable and will hold a maximum weight of 275 pounds! This set comes with a board, alloy paddle, a leash, pump, waterproof cell/key bag and a premium backpack. The Roc full kit paddle board will definitely get dad out enjoying the water all day long!
- Includes Inflatable board, Paddle (Premium Alloy Floating Paddle) A Leash, Pump, Waterproof Essentials Bag & Premium Backpack
- Weighs Only 17.5 lbs!
- Measures 10 Feet (L) x 32 Inches (W) & 6 Inches Thick! With a Maximum Weight Limit Of 275 lbs
- 1-Year Warranty
Columbia Men’s Watertight II Jacket
Every outdoorsy dad needs a great windbreaker to keep him comfortable and dry. An excellent gift to give this Father’s Day is the Columbia Watertight II Windbreaker.
This is a rainy-day staple and if the sun comes out he can pack it up and store easily. Columbia the brand is renowned for making lightweight, waterproof and breathable jackets.
Crafted of 100% nylon, it’s not only waterproof but also has seam-sealed construction. This will to keeps him dry while sealing the cold air out. With zippered pockets on each side he can secure your small items are safe. Plus it has adjustable, Velcro cuffs and an adjustable draw cord hem so it has a customizable fit.
- Waterproof Nylon Rain Jacket (38 Color Options)
- Features: Abrasion Resistant Chin Guard, Two Zippered Side Pockets, elastic cuffs, & An Elastic Hem
- Elastic Details & Zippers Provide A Snug, Yet Comfortable Fit That Also Allows For Movement
- Omni-Shield Helps You Stay Clean & Dry By Resisting Absorption Of Moisture
By now you have ten perfect gift ideas for your outdoorsy dad.
These gifts are great for a grandpa, an uncle or other family too. Take the gift you chose and celebrate this Father’s Day with a trip outdoors. Or with your special dad or male role model of your choosing. I know every man will enjoy these gifts and as an extra bonus you both get to make new memories together.
As always, thanks again for letting Outdoors Informed help with your research, so you can spend more time outside.